Help (When to Buy MacBook?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SouthPhillyPT, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SouthPhillyPT macrumors newbie

When my laptop died last month, I decided to give MAC a try; besides, it may make my computing life easier with less crashes, etc. I am planning to buy a MacBook. The issue right now is when is the right time to buy it? After hearing news about Apple's stocks declining, will Apple lower the price of a MacBook? Will there be upgrades or improvements come February? I just do not want to buy a MacBook now and later find out that I missed on a very nice and significant upgrade. I would like to know your thoughts about this. Thank you.

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I wouldn't count on apple lowering the price cause of the stock. Heck, the whole market took a dive.

If you go for a macbook you should be fine for a few months. For the MBP everyone is saying there's an upgrade coming. If you need it now, buy it. Don't play the waiting game or you will drive yourself crazy.

3. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I would say now is a good time to buy a Macbook (not Macbook Pro). Thy were last updated in November and probably won't be updated again til Mayish. There will not be any improvements that come to the Macbook n February.

4. tveric macrumors 6502

For the love of god, please do not ever buy stock in anything. Put your money in a sock and shove it in a mattress. When to buy a MacBook is the least of your financial problems, from the sound of it.