Help! Which full retail 6+ should my friend get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal~9000, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I have a friend who wants a 6+ contract free (they use AT&T at the moment).

I know Apple has an 'unlocked' version... but I've heard in the past Verizon won't activate non-verizon phones on their network (or other hassles like you need a pre-activated sim card for Verizon to work on non-Verizon phones).

If I get the 'unlocked' 6+... does it work on all 4 carriers without ANY issue? Or should I get the Verizon version which is a Verizon phone and unlocked for GSM use?

Also, my friend has family in Germany... so should I get the Sprint version that has the bands to work out there? Will Sprint unlock a full retail 6+ of theirs so you can use it on any carrier?

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it :)

2. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

The sim free A1524 works on all the U.S. carriers and in Germany according to Apple's website https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    The only question is whether Verizon would activate it on their network and I'm sorry I can't answer that for you. Maybe someone more familiar with Verizon can help with that. The Verizon version does not look like it has the proper frequencies for Germany according to Apple's site.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Couldn't your friend register and ask these questions? Get a sim-free version. It works on all.