Help! Which iPad do you guys think I should get?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DMARWP, Nov 10, 2015.

1. DMARWP, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

DMARWP macrumors newbie

Hi! Some I'm thinking about getting a new iPad soon but I don't know which one. I currently have an iPad 2 so I'm definitely I need of an upgrade.

I really like the look of the iPad Pro but I would need the 128GB WiFi config so it would be around £800. Or do you think I should go for the 128GB WiFi iPad Air 2 (or wait for iPad Air 3?). I'll mainly be using it for surfing the web, emails, causals gaming and downloading movies too.

I like the iPad Pro because of the bigger screen, better speaker and Apple Pencil. I do photo and video editing so I could use it for that if I were to buy it. I currently use a MacBook Pro for this.

So what do you think? Should I get the Pro, the Air 2 or wait for the Air 3? Or you guys have a better idea?

2. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Personally, I think you should wait and see what the reviews for the iPP say before you buy. Especially because the actual photo/video editing capabilities have not been analyzed in detail yet -- it's only been quick demos and marketing-speak, which doesn't count as involved use.

For your other uses (websurfing, emails, casual gaming, movies), I think the iPP would be nice but quite overpriced. It's obviously your money to spend, but I would still consider it too expensive regardless.

3. DMARWP thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna do. Hopefully the reviews will persuade me either way.

Thank you :D

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This is great advice.

5. DMARWP thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys! I'm gonna have a look at the reviews today. Are you guys getting an iPad Pro?