help? which MBP to buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macpark, Feb 24, 2011.

1. macpark macrumors newbie

hi ,

i know there's a lot of q's regarding which mbp to buy but i just couldn't get a definite answer...
    i'm a pc owner and i'm ready to make a change. i was going to go cheap and buy the 13'' new mbp low end, but in terms of investment, i'm thinking about getting even up to the 15'' mbp.
    i can get a 15% discounts so i'm trying to make my investment worth it...

if you were to get a new macbook pro this time around, would you just go for the 13'' mbp or the 15''?? i just felt like $600 jump for 2'' screen and a quad-core isn't worth it....

please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    thanks

2. eaf7s macrumors regular

I kind of felt the same way about the $600. Don't forget the higher res. and the BTO options [matte or hi-res, 7200rpm drive, etc.] that aren't there for the 13". That said, in the end I went for the smaller screen. Markedly more portable and significantly cheaper. And I highly doubt the 1280x800 will bother me when watching SD films rented off iTunes :D

3. axu539 macrumors 6502a

The quad cores are very much worth it. They are actually in the top 20% of the fastest consumer processors on the market right now, including desktop processors. Furthermore, the $600 also includes a discrete graphics card.