Help! Why bad battery life with iOS 7 after fresh restore?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by HeyKatie, Jun 27, 2013.

1. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

I paid the $99 for a developer account and everything has been running smothly until right now when I tried to do a fresh restore of iOS 7 beta 2 since my battery life has been horrible. It's saying that my device isn't registered did I miss something when I signed up?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Did you register your device's UDID in the dev center?

3. HeyKatie thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought I did since I was able to get beta 1 and 2 without any problem but when I installed them I did cmd+option update not restore.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

That's the loophole. Restoring requires that your device is registered. Applying to the dev program and paying the $99 doesn't register your device.

6. HeyKatie thread starter macrumors 6502

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Like batting1000 said you still need to register your device.

8. HeyKatie thread starter macrumors 6502

Like I said I have to put it into DFU mode in order to get the serial number to register it.

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

udid* ;)

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

11. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

This is why only developers should have access to betas. Just paying for a developer account does not a developer make.

12. pugnut macrumors 6502a

DFU Restore to 6.1.4, that while connected to iTunes click on the Serial Number and it will switch to the UUID- copy and put in developer.

13. HeyKatie thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the help.

14. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

so how are these people who buy a slot get access to the beta software? even if you pay, you have to also register? im registered under a friend of mine who's company has an account and im helping test for them, but as of now, he has to download the betas for me, unless i can source them elsewhere. i am registered through the dev site under my own apple ID and under his account with my UDID and everything, but still dont have access to the full site.

15. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

This is a topic not allowed to be discussed on this forum.

16. batting1000 macrumors 604

A full dev account (meaning you paid with your Apple ID) gives you full access to the dev center for which you paid. When a developer registers your UDID, you still haven't paid the 99 dollars so you don't get the full access. Of course Google is your friend for the files, but it's not something we can link directly to.

17. sankyo macrumors member

iOS 7 actually deteriorates your battery. That's why Apple put out that warning.

18. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ok thats exactly what i thought. and no worries, i dont need to talk about it. i know where where to source almost anything.

----------

generic statement is generic

my battery life actually isnt as bad as beta 1.

----------

all i was asking is what the differences were between a registered dev account and a registered UDID when it comes to apples website access. i wasnt asking ways to circumvent it or how to do it. it was a simple answer where one gives you full access and one doesnt. i already know what i need to know, just curious about the website access. calm down.

19. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Just disable keychain from icloud section, it drained 59% in a few hours.

20. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Battery life is dependent on many things such as what features you have turned on, what you use your phone for, what apps you use, your cell signal, and much more.

There is a big thread on battery life - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601418

People have posted some suggestions for solutions, maybe try reading through that and see if anything helps.