Help! Why Is The App store in Ipad Different from Desktop App Store??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VideoNewbie, Nov 13, 2011.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

when i try to access the app store from my ipad...and say i click on categories>books. it will only let me separate the apps by release date, most popular and featured.

why is it that on the desktop app store version not only will it let me separate by the 3 categories above, but it will also give me "Whats hot" in books

as well as a "top charts" specifically for books in the app store. this feature is not present in the ipad version of the app store..

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Do you honestly expect someone here to have the answer? Why not contact Apple software designers?

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Because Apple knows and we do not.

A agree that its bad, but only Apple knows why.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

**Reaches into his bag o' random responses**

1. The moon was in the 3rd quadrant
    2. Programmers assigned to the Mac App Store were different then the programmers assigned to the iPad App Store
    3. Steve Wanted it that way
    4. OS limitations
    5. I don't care....

Please see 5.

5. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

At least the iPad forum hasn't gone as bad as the iPhone forum for silly questions..... Yet.

6. Vindicator macrumors member

for Top Charts, Top Grossing, go to "Top Chart" tab in AppStore app and tap "Categories" on the top left corner for specific category.

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

At times, the odd decisions made at Apple make no sense.

8. szolr macrumors 6502

^ The determining factor.

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

This gets discussed once every few weeks - consensus is that the app store is the most poorly-designed app on the iPad, and no clue how it slipped past Apple's design gurus.

At least they're slowly improving it. You can view games by genre now, some of the other categories' home pages are getting spruced up, now they've put swiping in (though only in some of the places where it should be). At this rate, by the time it hits a million iPad apps available it might have evolved into something useful.

10. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

The correct answer is: just to annoy YOU. Not anyone - you specifically so you'd come on MacRumors forums and complain.