Help! (wifi does not work)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hippi3, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Hippi3 macrumors newbie

I unlocked/jail-broke my iPhone 2g running 3.1.2 firmware on T-Mobile. My wifi does not work. I can go into settings and see my router and signal strength, but when I try to use my internet or anything that uses the internet will not work. There's an E where the wifi symbol would be, every once in awhile it'll go back and forth between the wifi symbol and the E, but I don't know what that means. I've tried everything you can think of. Can anyone help me? Any info much needed :) Please and thank you! :D :D

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The E stands for EDGE data which is what you get from T-Mobile instead of 3G because the your iPhone cannot receive 3G data, and even if it could (3G, 3Gs, 4), those iPhones are not compatible with T-Mo's 3G frequencies.

Since the iPhone is so old, it could definitely be a hardware problem but I suggest doing a restore with iTunes to see if that helps. Keep us updated. :)

3. Hippi3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I restored it and re-jailbroke it. My wifi is working. I did some changes on my router and now all is working fine! :D Buuuuuuuuuuuut, unfortunately, now my Cydia will not work, It just stays on the Black "Loading Data" screen, I even did another restore/jailbreak again and its doing the same thing. This is so frustrating sometimes. :(