Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bperrella

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.484 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hi. My ipad works fine on my home network but then I try to connect at school (rutgers university, bluesocket web based login system) an odd connecting dialog comes up and then a browswer window pops up from the wireless settings panel. When I try to log in the go button does nothing and if I close the window it drops the connection. Does anyone else have this issue? I can log on just fine on my ipod touch

BenManchester

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2009
A temporary solution consists in turning off auto-fill and password save in the Safari prefs. It worked for me. But it's a bit annoying because I would like safari to use those functions. :(

jecastejon

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Renew the DHCP

Hi, here is a tip. In some colleges with the iPad you need to renew the DHCP. There is evidence of this being caused by the OS. In the Settings select Wi-Fi Networks and hit the blue arrow. Select Renew Lease in the DHCP tab. Also I know changing the DNS number helps.

Here you could find some info that helped me last week with my wifi troubles:
http://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...network-with-an-ipadiphoneipod-touch/382.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.