Help! Will the white iPhone refurb come back in stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w8ing4intelmacs, May 13, 2009.

1. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

Argh! I wanted to buy a refurb iPhone but the white 16GB one is "temporarily out of stock" on the at&t website and it has been out of stock for about the past week. Anyone have any idea of when or if they will come back in stock?

BTW, I'm not against someone convincing me to just get the black one? :)

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I'm at a loss to understand why you don't ask AT&T!! :confused: What makes you think that someone on here will know more than they do? :rolleyes:

3. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did call AT&T and they weren't much help (big surprise). They basically said that the refurb iPhones are only available online, that there's no department I can talk to about when stock would be replenished, and I should just keep checking periodically to see if the come back in stock. So I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had experiencing observing the refurb iPhones go in and out of stock.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Sorry, didn't mean to offend :) I'd still do the obvious and regularly check, as AT&T suggested.

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

The stock depends on how many get returned to Apple/AT&T and refurbished. I've seen the white come and go 2-3x, so be patient.

Or just wait a month for hopefully an updated model.

6. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

In a bit later.

7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I have a black and a white. If smudges annoy you, get the white. They're not visible at all on it. They're visible all over the black one five seconds after you wipe the damn thing.

8. blueturf macrumors member

I called Premier this morning to upgrade my wifes line to a refurb 8GB because the refurbs aren't listed on the upgrade site. After about 5 mins the lady comes back on the line and says they are out of stock and to call back in a week. Why I was waiting for her, I was messing around in My Account online and tried the add a line link. The refurb 8GB was available there. I brought this up to the lady and she said it wasn't available in her system and there was nothing she could do about it. I asked to talked to someone else and she hung up on me.

9. seand1111 macrumors regular

I have consulted THE Magic 8-Ball and the reply is....."Reply hazy, try again"

Sorry...

10. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. At least there's hope that they'll come back in stock.

11. randomusername macrumors 6502

"Temporarily out of stock" means that it's out of stock now...but will be in stock when they get more of that product...it doesn't mean "it is temporarily out of stock forever"...because that's not what temporary means...okay?

12. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Kept checking the site everyday, yes don't settle for the black I got the white one and I love it.

13. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

The white one is back in stock. So I ordered one today. Thanks everyone!

14. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It probably won't because Apple is trying to clear out all of the current model iPhones to make way for the new ones. There is NO difference between the black and white model aside from the white color, and I personally thought it looked fugly when put with the black front.

If you want a great deal NOW, go with the iPhone 3G 16GB. But be warned that the new iPhone will probably be 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $299, which means you'd have an "old" phone that was only a $50 savings.