Help!! Wine on Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sidthebeau, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Sidthebeau macrumors newbie

Sidthebeau

So 4 days ago, I had my Mac on my lap and a glass of wine was about to fall (it was on the table in front of me) so I saved it but unfortunately some of its splashed onto my mac... There wasn't a lot in one place just tiny spots a bit everywhere! I reacted very quickly and flipped it upside down, as my boyfriend ran for papertowel, I shut it off right away while he was cleaning it. I kept it upside down for over 72 hours, and last night I turned it on to see if any damage was done. It worked perfectly, nothing seems wrong, no keys are sticking but I immediatey turned it off in panic that maybe it still wasn't completely dry and would short circuit. Can anyone tell me if it's safe to use my mac? I really need to use it for my finals but if not using it for a couple more days saves it then I'll survive without it. What else can I do???

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I would think it's safe now after 72 hours. It already did what it was going to do and if it didn't short circuit now you should be ok.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

And here I thought you were asking about Windows emulation software.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

So did I :)

Yeah, it should be OK now
    Sounds like it was all superficial and didn't get to the internals

5. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Yeah, if it was just a few droplets here and there, it probably didn't ingress past the keyboard if you flipped it and cleaned it quickly.

I once spilt a bit of soda on my previous macbook, literally weeks after getting it, enough got on to make a couple of keys very sticky ( that I eventually took off and cleaned under ), but fortunately that was all, and the machine was fine for years.