Help - Wireless Networking with a Mac and XP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IshDisturber, Feb 23, 2008.

1. IshDisturber macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I've been searching for the solution to my problem in these forums and on the net for the last few days to no avail and so now I've decided to post for some help instead.

I recently setup a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) on my PC. I was able to surf the net and share files from my Macbook and PC with no problems at all. Then all of a sudden it stopped working and so I referred to the Linksys for help. I re-configured everything according to the instructions on the Linksys site and now I can surf once again. However, I can't access my PC folders from my Mac anymore even though I've allowed the folders to be shared in my XP configuration. The folders used to show up in the shortcut section in Finder under "Shared".

Can someone tell me how I fix this so that I can access my PC once again?

Thanks in advance!

2. IshDisturber thread starter macrumors newbie

3. TricBox macrumors newbie

Using search on xp did you try to search for the mac computer? Search for computer using the IP address. You may need to also change your firewall settings. Go to xp security center and into windows firewall. The middle tab is exceptions. Go to printer and file sharing and hit edit. At the bottom you can set the firewall to allow certain IP and Subnets to "talk" to the computer. Try this. Hope it helps.