[Help] Wirelessly Sync?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Prissy, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Prissy macrumors 6502

Hi, few questions:

1- Does syncing (music) wirelessly requires iCloud? Or can I just set it up in iTune?

2- I have a PC that is connected through a wireless router but it's using a ethernet cable. Do you think the wirelessly sync will work because my PC is not wirelessly connected?

3- How does wireless sync work? do I have to arrange and set a time? or it does it automatically? Will it slow down my computer while it's syncing?

Thanks

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

1. No, it doesn't require iCloud.

2. That's not important.

3. With your device plugged in, go to the 'Info' page and look for the box labeled "Sync this phone/pad/pod using Wi-Fi" or something really similar. Once that's checked, your iDevice will now be listed in iTunes. Then you just drag what you want on your device and it syncs everything to your device. You can also go into Settings>General>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync and press the button to force a sync.

Other notes: It won't slow down your PC unless you're using one from 1984. There's no setting of time to sync. You can force it if you need to. It's not automatic so far. It's supposed to be but many people, including myself, are having issues with it syncing automatically like it says it's going to do.

*If you eject your device from iTunes, it seems you have to plug it in again to get iTunes to recognize it.

3. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

so for (2) - It will work fine or no?

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It doesn't matter how your PC/Mac is connected to the Internet. It's not important in this equation. It will work fine no matter how it's connected.

5. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't they be connected to the same WiFi?

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Well of course, but that's not the question. Your PC/Mac can be wired or wireless. THAT doesn't matter.