help with 13" a1181 T7400 MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chubbs75, Jun 11, 2013.

1. chubbs75 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I'm new here and found this forum extremely interesting and full of helpful posts.
    I have a MB a1181 t7400 2.16 ghz i think mid or early 2007. I was using it and had to unplug the charger from the wall and plug in an extension lead then plug the charger back in. after i done this the mac went to sleep. I was unable to wake it so switched off with power button. Couldn't started up ever since. tried all the resetting procedures no avail. Te charger charges the battery cause I let the battery uncharged for few days and then magsafe turned green than to amber. Measured and getting charge voltage on dc in and on battery terminals as well. Found the G3hot(?) solder points on logic board.Measured voltage there and getting 3.3 volts there.
    Macbook never been dropped nor had any liquid damage. No signs of corrosion either.
    I don't really know what to do next.
    I would appreciate any help from you guys.

Thank you

2. chubbs75 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. rampancy macrumors regular

rampancy

Does the Mac start up on battery power? Have you tried another MagSafe adapter? From what you've said, it seems like you've got a serious motherboard-level failure. It sounded at first like the DC-in board may need replacing, but if your power adapter can charge your battery in the MacBook then that looks like it's not the case.

4. chubbs75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi sorry just seen your answer.
    No the MagSafe is new and if I let the battery Darin to low voltage then it will get charged up to full and also can measure charging voltage.
    Tried to start it up by the little solder points but doesn't work.
    No liquid damage and never been dropped as I own it since new.

Thank you for your help

5. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Just to make sure, you also did this:
    RGDS,

6. chubbs75 thread starter macrumors newbie