help with 2g iphone push!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajlp09, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ajlp09 macrumors newbie

ok so i had 3.0 on my iphone 2g on tmobile usa, and i had push working fine. i upgraded to 3.1.2 and cant get push working at all. i have tried booting and jailbreaking with an at&t sim card, i tried the push fixes out there, i tried for 9 hours and no luck, i do this all the time and i cant figure out anything. anyone know of a fix? thanks

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What you should do is restore the iPhone to 3.1.2 and then activate it with the AT&T sim. Then run blackra1n to jailbreak it, and it should work fine. Pwnage Tool should work too as long as you don't check the 'activate' box, and then you activate the phone with the AT&T sim.

3. ajlp09 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i tried that...both those methods, but do i need an activated att sim? the one i used is old what came with my phone

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

That is your problem. The sim card needs to be active in order to activate the phone properly. :)

5. ajlp09 thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome thank you a lot...i thought that was the problem but i read all over that it didnt matter, but the phone just kept saying "waiting for activation" but never activated.

thanks

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Yep. At least you know how to fix it. It should work perfectly once you get rid of that pesky activation message.

7. ajlp09 thread starter macrumors newbie