help with 3-monitor setup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by c2g, Oct 15, 2010.

1. c2g macrumors newbie

I've been on a PC at my job for the past 10 years and I just got switched over to a mac pro. I haven't used a mac since I had one with OS 8.6 on it, and my helpdesk support is just now training for mac.

My biggest problem right now is how to make the most of my 3 monitors. On my PC, I could have, say, Photoshop (and its menu bar) open on one 24" monitor, Premiere (and its menu bar) open on a 2nd 24" monitor, and Outlook running on a 19" monitor. I can't imagine there not being a way to do this on a mac pro.

Am I really confined to having the menu bar - for all applications - locked to one monitor?? Example - I have Photoshop open on monitor 1, and the menu bar set to appear in monitor 2. Do I really have to keep dragging the mouse back and forth between 2 monitors to use the menu dropdowns?

2. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

Check out Second Bar. http://blog.boastr.net/?page_id=79 It clones the menu bar to other displays.

It'll be the same for each display at any one time but as soon as you click into each app, it'll change appropriately.