help with 3gs - JB/unlock help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by leftkidney, Jul 31, 2011.

1. leftkidney, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

leftkidney macrumors member

EDIT: I have gotten JB with 4.3.3 (8J2) 05.16.02

I still need to know how to unlock, whats the best method because there are lots I have seen

EDIT:
    its working now, I took it apart and put it back together and it is working now

I still have to JB/Unlock it for use on tmobile

its 4.3.5 (8L1) - Model MB716LL - firmware 05.16.02

I will look this up but if anyone knows just post please

so I took my iphone 3gs apart to replace the power button bacle because the power button didnt work anymore - I have taken many apart so its nothing new to me

when I turned it on (power button works) I got the apple logo and the spinning thingie after a while - but after like 30 min it never did anything other then reboot a few times

itunes will see the phone and everything, even updated it - I then tried DFU mode and did a complete restore setting it up as a new iphone I dont need anything on it so I dont care

still nothing its been over 1 hour and still it wont go past the apple logo with the spinning thingie - it got to the point that it turned off and gave me the logo for charge now or whatever, so I pluged it into the wall charger and its charging now - it was showing the charging logo with the dead battery and the lightning bolt but it then turned on and went to the apple logo and then the apple logo with the spinning thingie again for ever

I dont know what version of software I have since I cant check, but since I updated it today its that one thats out now I guess - can I just JB this and get it working? - itunes will see it and update it so...?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Your best bet would probably be to disassemble it again and re-assemble it, checking for damaged parts along the way.

You could jailbreak it but that most likely won't do you any good at all and I believe the 4.3.5 jailbreak is tethered.

3. leftkidney thread starter macrumors member

it is showing that I need to charge it even though its been charged for 12 hours

if the battery is damaged can this make it not turn on even with usb power?

4. leftkidney thread starter macrumors member

its working now, I took it apart and put it back together and it is working now

I still have to JB/Unlock it for use on tmobile

its 4.3.5 (8L1) - Model MB716LL - firmware 05.16.02

I will look this up but if anyone knows just post please

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You'd have to downgrade to 4.3.3, then install the iPad baseband through redsn0w and unlock.

6. leftkidney thread starter macrumors member

is that only because of the unlock? - I have seen 4.3.5 JB's

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

4.3.5 is a tethered jailbreak. You can't install the iPad baseband with the redsn0w beta.

8. leftkidney, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

leftkidney thread starter macrumors member

well I have gotten to 4.3.3 (8J2) 05.16.02 using snowbreeze 2.7.3

whats the best way to unlock? - snowbreeze 2.7.3 says something about upgrading to 05.16.00 but I am already above that so shouldnt it say downgrading - also about gps not working, I dont want that to happen - I need to use it on tmobile

so I have to update the baseband to the ipad one 6.15.00? or can I downgrade it like in the past I used fuzzyband , is there anything like that now?

thanks for the help

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can only use FuzzyBand on a 3G iPhone if the bootloader is 5.08

Going to 6.15.00 is the only way to software unlock as of now. It also adds the risk of losing GPS signal.

10. leftkidney thread starter macrumors member

can gps be fixed with a future update? - or will it never work because this is a ipad baseband?