Help with 8.3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by skyperbon, Mar 12, 2015.

1. skyperbon macrumors regular

Hi,

I wanted to know how to go about getting the iOS 8.3 public beta? I already have an account for the MacOSx Public beta.

I'm trying to register for the iOS beta in the following link but I don't get an option for iOS: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Is it an invite only program? Or how else can I go about doing it?

2. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

It's a public program..

You need to sign up, or sign in using that page then enroll your IOS device to receive the updates. You download a profile to your device and then go to general settings> software updates and you will see the beta waiting for you.

3. skyperbon thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. I tried doing what you suggested just now but I can only see the OS X option on top. Not getting the iOS option.

4. thewhitetower macrumors member

thewhitetower

I'm also in the same boat.....log in and only option is OS X Yosemite beta (which I have already installed....iOS does not show up....

are they staggering the release?

5. skyperbon thread starter macrumors regular

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like that's what's going on. Some of my friends have got the option and I have not.

6. dereknas macrumors regular

dereknas

I think have to keep refreshing until we see it.

7. Lloydbm41, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Neither have i.

8. megalaser macrumors 6502

megalaser

Hi There, I only have the 8.1 beta1 - could anyone please explain how I get beta 3? I went to the download section of the portal on my Mac and it only said 8.3 and had a release date of 6th March - Is that the beta 1 that I already have and how can I upgrade it to 3 please?

Many Thanks

Simon

9. Zinthar macrumors 6502

I'm encountering the same situation. I tried accessing the beta site from both my Mac and my iPhone multiple times over the past day and in all cases it just gives me the option to install OS X 10.10.3. I've been signed up for the public beta program since the day it launched for OS X last year.

I'm hoping it's just a staggered rollout (perhaps concerned that someone will find a critical bug like in 6.0.1's release).

10. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

It seems that as of now it's an invite only beta test group for public. There's a whole thread already going on it dealing with the release of the "public beta"

11. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

You are running 8.1? 8.1 and 8.2 final versions have come out since then. You are way behind on versions.

12. skyperbon thread starter macrumors regular

It seems that people who had the Yosemite Public Beta and had submitted feedback for the same are the first ones who are getting the iOS 8.3 beta.

I may be wrong but that's what it looks like.

13. ProducerIan macrumors newbie

I suspect that is correct, I did about 3 or 4 Feedback submissions on the Yosemite Public Beta and I had an email last week for the iOS Public programme.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

Seems to be random...