Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

historyteacher

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hey all,

I'll try not to bore you with details and get to the points. Any help with any or all of these issues is greatly appreciated!

1. Used setup assistant to transfer files from old macbook to new iMac. After successful migration, iMac froze up and I had to shut it down. When I fired it back up it took me back through the setup process. All said and done transfer was fine, but I now had two accounts on the iMac...one transfered and one created after the hiccup. I called the second one "Delete" as I figured this would happen and I could know which account to get rid of. I did remove that account, but now my computer is still referring to itself as "Delete's iMac". Says that on my TM Backup drive and when I logged into FaceTime today it said "Delete's iMac in the email. Not a huge deal really, but kinda makes my OCD kick in. Any way I can get that stuff back to my name?

2 . Netflix stopped working due to DRM error. Found some fixes on the internet, but they dealt with hidden files and terminal and such which kinda freaks me out. Can I just delete Silverlight altogether and then go back to Netflix and hope it reinstalls?

I think that is it for now, but I am sure I will mess something else up, I mean think of something else. :)

Thanks all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.