Help with a little tirck for my friend?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Isestnonveru, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Isestnonveru macrumors newbie

So heres the story,

My firend addores macs, and as he kinda helped to convert me to Apple. And so getting a new Mac is something of a big deal.

As I am only a Student at collage I dont have a large income, and have been saving up for it for over a year and with alot of things being sold on eBay this isnt just a 'oh Im getting a macbook', this is BIG for me and him.

This is big for another reason he has a load of software and music for me he has been holding for a VERY long time. And with my horrible G3 he helped me set it up, show me the way around it.

So today I found out that my farther wants to buy me it for doing well in exams (WOW?!). So now I have got enough money to buy a macbook and so here I am, with the money and my friend thinking that I am still a bit far away from getting it and its almost on the way so I thought, Why not suprice him?

So I have an idea, just inviting him round to my place and... well from there I dont know, how do I break the big news? :)

what should the reason be to invite him round?

So if you have any good ideas, or even a better way of telling/showing him, please comment :D

LOVE to hear your ideas :)

Mona mi

2. Sir SpemzR macrumors 6502

tell him u need to talk about some bad news dealing with the money u had saved

3. Isestnonveru thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems like a good idea, but we are in close contact so I suppsoe its more likely that I would tell him online :p

But I might be able to use it :D

4. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Haha, that'd be good.

"I checked my account this morning, and there are pennies in it."

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Tell him you decided to go with a Dell and that he should come over and check it out ;)

6. Isestnonveru thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahahahaahah xD

That made me laugh out loud xD :D

Come on!
    you must have some good ideas!

7. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Say you were on the way to the apple store and you got mugged for all your money, and pretend to cry or something.

Or...

Say you messed up your dads car and had to pay for repairs and have no more money, and then invite your friend over to help you "fix your G3" a few days later

8. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Ummm, tell him you want him? It's a computer, why are you two getting so worked up?

Anyway, enjoy the Mac, but at the end of the day, it's just a computer dude.

9. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I like the dell idea.

be like "Man, seriously just come and see it. Its better than any macshmack!"

10. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

and then after the unsuspecting guy is in the house, tell him how much faster the netbook you got is than the macbooks at the apple store.

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

How far do you want to take this? If you want to "go big" then get a friend involved that he doesn't know. Put up an add on Craigslist that is selling, "your new mac" with pictures and everything. Show or email him the add and tell him you've been talking with the seller and your going to set up a meeting. Ask him to go along for "safety" and just to hang out. Then go to the "staged appointment" where the friend he doesn't know is acting as the seller. Make up whatever scenario you want, but make the sale for some outrageous price. "I need the money really bad so I'll take $100 for this new macbook. I don't know much about macs and I just need the cash..." After the transactions done let him be in "awe and amazement" for a little bit about how "crazy lucky" you are to have found this deal. Then meet your friend the "seller" for a burger and spring the surprise on him. And buy his lunch since you just "pulled one over" on your friend. :)

12. shouldberunning macrumors member

Go to an Apple store and ask for a dead macbook. Put it on your coffee table and drive a hatchet into it.

When he gets there just say "Stupid Mac!"

13. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

lmao. and then when he gets there, say the 8600m gt was dying and you wanted to put the pile of silicon "out of its misery". :D