Help with a potential problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by krosario, Oct 22, 2008.

1. krosario macrumors newbie

I typically listen to my iphone's ipod for about an hour or so in a day. Usually, I encounter relatively zero drain on my battery, in that instance. However, at times I've noticed significant drain on the battery with no changes to any settings; (3g, mail fetches every hour, no bluetooth or wifi, original headphones, screen obviously left in sleep), but I have left the lyrics/genius screen open- while a song's album art is showing, upright, and you tap on the screen to show the lyrics/genius button under the timer/scroller of the song playing.

I think this screen left enabled, even with the iphone in sleep, with music playing drains the battery.

Anyone reading this, are you willing to help me figure this out? All you have to do:

Day 1:

-Fresh battery off charger, original headphones
    -settings (3g, mail fetches every hour, no bluetooth or wifi, original headphones, screen obviously left in sleep)
    -Play music WITHOUT the genius button/lyrics showing
    -hit the sleep button
    -Do so for an hour
    -note any visible changes in battery

Day 2:

-same settings, fresh charge
    -this time play music WITH the genius button/lyrics showing
    -hit the sleep button
    -do so for an hour
    -note any changes in battery

REPORT BACK

Thanks in advance anyone willing to participate!

2. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

The only way I could see this causing any drain would be if you were actively creating a playlist at the time. Also, are you doing anything else with the phone at the time? Like sending text messages, for example. Sixty percent of usage of my phone is texting (I am a heavy texter, I know, us teenagers love SMS) and I can get about 7 hours of usage out of a single charge.