Help with a problem I'm having with an enhanced CD.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hoves, Jun 29, 2008.

1. hoves macrumors newbie

Not sure if this is the right thread, or if this question has been answered before (I used search, but can't find a thread that seems to relate to my problem).

That being said, I am having a problems with an enhanced CD I bought. When I insert the CD it will spin for a while, then eject. It won't mount.

Thinking the problem may be mac compatibility, I tried it in a windows XP computer, the CD spun for a while, then stopped. Windows explorer then preceded to crash (lol), after that explorer showed that there was nothing in the CD drive.

I am just wanting to add the album to my iTunes library, so is there a was to force the CD to mount, or be able to access the audio part so I can import the songs?

I have a PowerBook G4, with OS 10.4.11, any other info I can give that can help, just ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

What CD is it?

When ever I have this problem, its due to copy protection on the CD that doesn't let you rip the CD. Usually there is a program on the disk that would allow that PC to read it but it seems that it crashed your PC. On the PC you can try to hold down the Shift key to keep the program from running but your drive might still show up blank.

Probably the only thing you can do is return the CD to the store and get a refund. Then let the clerk know your disappointment and also maybe write to the company that releases the album to let them know they lost a sale.

If the album is on iTunes, you can always burn all the songs into the CD you would have bought at the store.