help with accounts!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sufievan, Nov 10, 2007.

1. sufievan macrumors newbie

so i have "my" account but i would like to have a new "my" acount but whenever i make a new account it shows up in "other" acounts and i cant delete the"my" acccounts only the "other" acconuts. so is theree a way i can get a new "my" account or delete it or swap it out somehow

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You won't be able to delete an account you're already logged into. Is that the problem?

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

OP, are you trying to rename your admin account? What precisely is your goal?

4. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

The account that is shown under "My Account" is the account that you are logged into.

Lets say your current account is SUFI. You want to make a new account EVAN.

So if you create a new account (EVAN) using your current account (SUFI), the EVAN account will show up in the "Other Account" section. But once you log in using EVAN, the EVAN account will show up under "My Account" section, and SUFI will show up under "Other Accounts".

So what you can do is log in using SUFI, create a new admin account EVAN. Log into using EVAN, and then delete SUFI. I believe that is what you are trying to achieve here. If not, I request more clarification.

But I have to admit that your question really made me think as to how much I had to drink tonight. (which is 0)

5. sufievan thread starter macrumors newbie

yes thank u very much it was kinda wordy but that is exactly wat i was trying 2 do thanks a lot!!!