Help with Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyebeaz, Apr 18, 2007.

1. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I downloaded a new skin for my Adium buddy list, and installed it simply by clicking the 'install' link on the adium xtras page. I noticed however some have special instructions to click the 'download' link and install manually rather than the 'install' link. I also noticed that mine didn't look like the example image (the example image gave the buddy list round edges, etc). Can someone explain this to me, and explain how to install the skin after downloading it (what to do with all the files inside the folder once it has downloaded)?

Thanks in advance by the way!

2. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

Could you tell us what skin you downloaded, what version of Adium you have, and if you still have it, a link to the Adium XTras page for the skin.

3. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

After you installed it, did you open up the Preferences > Appearance...as long as Black is Beautiful is listed in both the Color Theme and List Layout selection menus, it's installed correctly. Select Black is Beautiful in both, then make sure Window Style: Group Bubbles...you might have to mess with the Opacity and other settings. Also, the Status Icons are custom...so you'll have to look for the Stars set.

5. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

Hm, did you know that Adium released version 1.0 several months ago? The version you have, 0.89.1, is almost a year old. I know they made some pretty huge changes to the way you adapt the UI. I would suggest trying the skin on Adium 1.0 first.

6. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502