Help with Airport and Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ndwgolf, Mar 28, 2008.

1. ndwgolf macrumors regular

Guys,
    I sat up all f#@$%$g night last night trying to install my new Time Capsule and this is what has happened.
    Before I had the time capsule I had an Airport extreme, one airport express and one airport express used as air tunes. I have now got the Time Capsule to work as a wireless internet and I am now backing up using Time machine my problem now is that my Macbook Pro cant see the two airport expresses, I have switch them on and off but to no avail.
    Please can some one help me

PS I no longer am using the Airport Extreme

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I have time capsule in my office and an airport express w/airtunes in my living room. I have set the airport express to extend my time capsules network. If I go to my wireless on my computer I can only see the Network that I created on my time capsule but I know my computer can see the airport express because I can play music to it via the airtunes.

I think if you use the AP express to extend the TC network than you will not be able to choose or see the AP express except when you go into Utilities/Airport Utilities and both the TC and the AP express will show up for tweaking.

Don't know if that helps.

Peace:cool:

3. ndwgolf thread starter macrumors regular

This is the error message that i get now when I try and backup

The backup disk image could not be mounted.