Help with Airport Express Router

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hellpowder, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Hellpowder macrumors newbie

Ok,

I got an Airport express and for the first couple of months i've been fin and learning how to use it.

I set it up so i have 2 profile settings....

one of them is my home setting that takes the express and connects it to my currently working network and extends it wirelessly.

the second setting takes it and disables internet and sets up a wireless network to connect and pay air tunes.

Now every time i take the express past the reach of the home network it just freezes in the yellow blinking sate and wont let me find it with the airport utility.

Now i have the second profile set up for it to work, but the problem is that it wont let me connect to it to change it, so it just keeps blinking forever... untill i bring it back into the range of my home network.

Any ideas on how to find it with my airport utility when out of the range?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks =D

2. SqB macrumors 6502

Just plug in an ethernet cable to the express<-->computer. No matter what your settings, the airport utility will find it and you'll be able to change the settings. I do this all the time.

3. Hellpowder thread starter macrumors newbie

XDD i thought of doing that a while back but i was a little too lazy

haha

Thank you sooo much, i guess from now on im going to have to carry around the cable whenever i want to go to my friends house.

Thanks so much again =D