help with airport extreme with hdd!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crunchiespg, Aug 19, 2009.

1. crunchiespg macrumors member

i have just connected a 1tb HDD to my airport extreme and got my new macbook pro 13.

now my plan is to use this drive to store all my media i download from Vuze. but im facing a problem.

i gave the drive the name "network HDD" and its got about 150gb of tv shows on it i have downloaded on my old macbook..

i set Vuze to use "/Volumes/Network HDD/Azureus Downloads" as the sharing folder. and at first it did with no problem. i put an alias to the same folder in my movies folder so i can use front row to watch the files.

but now the network drive keeps changing its name. so if i access the folder and click on "get info" on a file, it is now calling itself "network HDD-2"
    Vuze is still saving the files i download to the original file name, and i can find them through vuze's "show in finder" option, but it doesnt show the older ones being in the same folder. but if i manually browse through finder the newer downloaded files dont show.. the old ones are still there.

so basically it seems both "network HDD" and "network HDD-2" exist at the same time, but vuze can only see HDD and finder only shows HDD-2....

whats going on?
    im running a brand new macbook pro with everything up to date..

thanks

2. crunchiespg thread starter macrumors member

hmm, just noticed that the vuze files are now being saved in macintosh HD> Volumes> Network Drive> Azurus Downloads....

which obviously isnt right.. because that is saving on my macbook's hard drive not the network drive...

3. crunchiespg thread starter macrumors member

this is what i see when i backwards navigate from the azurus folder..

im not sure if azurus is simply trying to find the older folder and it cant because the network drive keeps changing its name.

Attached Files: