Help With Airpot Extreme Driving me CRAZY!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mm1250, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mm1250 macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have a MBP and have just bought an Airport Extreme. I for some reason keep getting intermediate disconnects. I would be working and all of a sudden my wireless will become disconnected. I reboot the MBP and reboot the Airport. Somtimes it will go back online sometimes it doesn't. It's not like I am far away from it either. The laptop sits on the same desk as the AirPort Extreme. I also bought a Linksys Wirless router and I get the same issues also. This has been going on for about 1 year now. I've been through 2 Linksys Routers and a got the Airpot thinking it was Linksys, well it seems that it is something else. I know it's not he MBP because my iPhone doesn't connect either. Also, my other windows notebook will have the same problem. What could this be?

I live in a hi-rise condo building with about 250 condos. My MBP finds about 7 different networks to connect to. Could tehre be a conflict? If so, how do I resolve it.

Thanks,

2. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

It's possible there could be some interference from the other wifi networks you're picking up. Try changing the channel on the Airport Extreme. It may work, it may not, but it's worth a try at least. I don't have an Airport Extreme so I am not sure exactly how to do it, but I'm sure it's possible.

3. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

leopard has major wifi issues. Search the MR forum for post titles that include "leopard wifi" or "leopard airport." A zillion of us all have different wifi problems with leopard and we're all waiting for apple to release 10.5.2 in the hopes that wifi will be fixed.

Until then, if you're able to connect for any decent amount of time then I'd count yourself a luckiest of the unlucky. You probably wont be able to get it to not disconnect, but maybe you can find a way to make the drops less frequent and also an easier way to reconnect when it does drop that doesn't include a restart.

4. McGiord, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Also check if some metallic structure around your wireless network can be causing the interference.

Take your Airport to a friend's house/apt and test it there, if the problem goes away, it's something in your apartment.
    ________
    Kawasaki F5