Help With Airpot Extreme + Harddrive Won't let me on!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bored911, Jun 11, 2008.

1. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

hey so i just connected my time machince backup, a 300gb seagate, to my airport extreme to use wirelessly. I plugged in it, and it shows up on shared list. Only problem is that it has a password and i don't know what it is. It is not my system password, and i can't figure out what else it could be. Anyone know what to do?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

geez thats a hard one.. why would it have a password?

if you plug it directly into the computer do you need to login or run a program to "mount" the HD?? i know that some lacie ones do (i have the model) and it doesnt work bceause it has to be mounted by the airport, and that just doesnt work.

have you tried basic passwords such as "admin" "default1" "password" "blank" (literally nothing) etcetc?

maybe read the manual and find for a default password?

DoFoT9

3. bored911 thread starter macrumors 6502

bored911

damnit i just tried all of those but nothing worked. and the weird thing is that i have never had to put a password on it, or had to use one to back it up with time machine. I may try wiping it then maybe it will work. I would rather non but it seems to be my only choice

4. bored911 thread starter macrumors 6502

bored911

i just tried erasing it but it still asks for a password, what should i do!!

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

sounds like its hardwired into the HD, you wont be able to erase that. what is the model number/brand etc??