Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

princessgleek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
So some tracks are showing up grey in my playlists, presumably because the album they were on has been taken down but another version of the same album has been added to apple music, so I try to add the tracks to my playlist after deleting the grey tracks, but they show up grey, i'm noticing this with quite a few albums, one example being the most recent Britney Spears album.

Anyone else having this problem?

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
So some tracks are showing up grey in my playlists, presumably because the album they were on has been taken down but another version of the same album has been added to apple music, so I try to add the tracks to my playlist after deleting the grey tracks, but they show up grey, i'm noticing this with quite a few albums, one example being the most recent Britney Spears album.

Anyone else having this problem?

Do you only use Apple Music on iOS? Or did you also scan a library in from desktop iTunes? If you have an iTunes library... any time I've seen this problem on my phone, I used this procedure to fix it:

Delete the album from Apple Music on the phone. On your pc iTunes, you'll now see those tracks as "Removed x" for iCloud Status. Now, right-click on them all, and choose 'add to my Apple Music library'. Works every time.

princessgleek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2015
Cheers but they aren't actually tracks in my libary, they're in playlists I created, although I dd try adding the tracks to the libary and the same thing happened although only to the tracks that I already had in my plylists, for example when the new Britney album was put back up I added the entire album to my libary and the tracks that were in various playlists were grey but the tracks i previously had not added to any playlists were fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.