Help with android to ios

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thandervalle, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Thandervalle macrumors newbie

Hello.

Im going to IOS coming from a S7... Can I backup my whatsapp chat from android to IOS, there is a free program for this ??

And I love the Swiftkey, in IOS the Swiftkey works fine?? Or the default ios keyboard is better??

Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english...Im from Brazil.

2. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

I have used Swiftkey and it was alright but I actually prefer Word Flow. I typically just use the iOS keyboard anymore though.

If you use your old phone number in WhatsApp it should ask you to download your chat history I believe. I seem to recall doing that when I put it on my phone at least. You may have to back it up on the old device first. I can't remember but check the settings to see if there's an email or backup of some sort in there now. It's been forever since I switched back to iOS.

3. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

I suggest using Gboard for iOS instead of Swiftkey. Btw neither have long press for alternate characters in iOS which sucks.
    I believe Whatsapp has a built in backup feature. Just download the iOS migration app on Android and you should able to migrate some stuff.