Help with apple music

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by thebro20, Dec 5, 2016.

1. thebro20 macrumors regular

I recently got apple music, and I love it. I only have one issue and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong or maybe it just can't be done.

When i download a song for offline listening to my iPhone, should it sync to itunes? I was under the impression that it would work like that, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it happen.

2. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

when the song is downloaded it should appear in your library on all devices signed into that apple id

3. thebro20 thread starter macrumors regular

It isn't showing up on my mac, do i need to have iCloud music library enabled on iTunes on my mac?

4. Europa13 macrumors 6502

Yeah. Apple Music is not fully functional with iCloud Music Library disabled.

5. Razeus macrumors 603

I hope you had better luck than I had. I tried the free trial last year and it was a joke of a service. I thought Apple would have it down by now and so I signed up for the 2nd time. Three days later, I had to ask Apple for my money back and they kindly did. Apple Music has been a disaster for me.

• Music not available on Apple Music that I own doesn't sync.
    • Family plans are a mess. Finally got 1 member to work. The other didn't want to take at all. Plus members have to use my credit card to buy apps instead of using their own - unless they want to use gift cards. Bizarre.
    • Making playlists in Apple Music via iTunes doesn't sync to the iOS Music app, resulting in wasted time.
    • Editing playlists in the iOS music app doesn't work. I put songs in a particular order and the app simply snaps back to the way it originally had it.
    • Can't select multiple tracks in Apple Music to add to a playlist in iTunes. Adding them one at a time is for the birds.
    • Having to enable iCloud Music Library just for Apple Music to work is plain redundant.
    Spotify is superior in every way and "just works".

6. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I have never had to do any of that. Perhaps that's why I love  Music.

In your case I can see why you're not happy with it.

7. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

My issue with playlists is that smart playlist info don't sync between devices. I have one playlist where it only shows recently added with newest at the top. And another called favorites with a bunch of rules to exclude song I've recently skipped etc. But the songs I listen to on my phone is not recognized by my mac. So the playlist shows different things depending on which songs I listened to on each device. I want my smart playlists to be identical on all devices. Other than that it has been working great for me.

I also tried it when it first came out and hated it. The app was horrible and so was iTunes. It's a lot better now imo.