Help with Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crwmlw, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Crwmlw macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Hello all. I had an iphone 6 since launch day with my Chase Amazon visa card attached to Apple Pay and its been working since day 1, however I traded it with someone who had an iphone 6 plus about 2 weeks ago. My iphone 6 was completely erased of all settings as well as this one. I entered the same Chase Amazon Visa card into my 6+ about 2 weeks ago, it accepted at and I received an email stating the apple pay is ready for use. I just now tried it at Walgreens where my other phone worked perfect and this one does not. It shows the card under settings and touch id is on for apple pay. When I just rest my finger on the touch id near the reader nothing happens at all. Any ideas? Bad phone or something? Thanks

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

This may sound basic but was the terminal NFC "working"? Can you go try somewhere else just to rule out its not the phone?

3. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

Are you holding the top of the phone less than an inch from the Apple Pay logo on the card reader?

4. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

I Tried

I tried 2 different terminals, both were lit up with the Apple Pay logo on bottom left

----------

Yes, same way as before. It was practically touching the reader. The touch id works perfect otherwise for unlocking phone.

5. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Have you completed the steps to add the card? With BOA, I had to call the to finalize the request.

6. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Yes

Yes. Did all the setup and received a confirmation email

7. Crwmlw thread starter macrumors regular

Crwmlw

Found ut

Walgreens just said all the terminals are down, thought it was my phone. Thanks everyone

8. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Aha! Glad you figured this out quick and its not the phone.