Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

potatowedges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Hi! i have an itouch g2. version 3.1.3. im unable to update some of my aps such as facebook and echofon. whenever i click the update aps there'll b a small pop-up "cannot connect to iTunes Store". however i'm still able to download new apps. Some help pls?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
If losing the data in the apps is not a concern, delete them from the iPod and redownload them via the App Store. Or download them on your computer through iTunes and sync them to the iPod. You may also want to consider going into Settings->Store, and verifying that you are signed into the correct account. Perhaps someone else used your iPod touch without your knowledge and you have been unwittingly downloading stuff under their account? If you try to update apps that were not purchased under one account and are not signed in to the account which they were initially bought under, you cannot update them.

potatowedges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
oic! hmm. my apps were downloaded under account A b4 i upgraded the OS (which i downloaded using account B). now i'm trying to use account A again to update my aps. would that have been the cause of the prob?

i've tried updating using itunes but the same prob has occurred. so i'm unable to use the syncing method.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
I don't think it matters that you bought the 3.0 software on account B. All that matters is that as far as your iPod and computer are concerned is that you are signed into account A when trying to update your apps. On the iPod go to the Settings->Store pane and sign out. Sign back in while connected to wifi and try accessing the App Store again.

potatowedges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
hey thanks a million! i tried e method of deleting e aps and redownloading them agn, and it worked! thank you very much! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.