Help with assignments for Video Class!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by thebiggoose, Sep 9, 2007.

1. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

Long story short: I was so good at our regular video production class, that my school let me do it for independant study. What that means is I have to create my own assignments. Problem is, I can't think of much.

Does anyone have any ideas for assignments for a 16 year old to do for Video Production class?

So far I've got:

Film Trailer
    Short Film
    Animation
    Commercial

Plus I will be covering our high school sports for the local FOX channel

Thanks Guys!

Oh, btw, this class will be using AE, FCS, and anything else you can think of!

2. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

How many more do you need? It already seems good enough. I would say... create a video for students to learn the basics of final cut pro... kind of FCP for dummies... then, sell it to the first year students!

3. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

If you can already use AE, it might be worth creating a short experimental film, one where you can really show off your skills. Play with narrative form (ie. Todorov's equilibrium-disequilibrium-equilibrium idea), light colour, metaphor, symbolism, the works!

It's a tricky genre to get marks in though, because it relies on the artistic interpretation of the examiner...

It might also be good to produce a short documentary. Nothing too expositional, just a well researched historical account of an event that has happened in your town. I did something similar at University, and co-produced a 15min doc about some dams that were built in the early 1900's, and 6 months later we are selling it :)

Good luck- let us know how it goes!

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

my college asked me to do a an orientation video for freshmen maybe something like that. Does your HS have an orientation thing?

5. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

I would do a music video. We have also tried matrix fight scenes/green screen work.