Help with Auto Insurance

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Crawn2003, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

I need help with Auto Insurance!

What company is really good but affordable??? I can't pay the almost $2200 I pay now.

I've never been in an accident, have 2 speeding violations (41 in a 35 mph, 66 in a 55 mph), but the problem exist in my car - Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I can't afford a different car at the moment (moved to California) and it's a really great car. The other problem going for me is my age, 23! I hate the profiling in insurance companies that if you're my age you're stupid at driving, i.e. Racing cars and causing accidents.

Anyway... What's a great place to go for affordable auto insurance?

~Crawn

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Bottom line: under 25, single (?), two violations (though it's pretty lame for all of six over!), you're considered higher risk, period. Anything that seems cheap, is cheap. By that I mean that a lot of cheesy agencies out there aren't worth a thing, and will deny claims without thinking twice.

Are either of your folks associated with the military? USAA is terrific if you qualify. GEICO is pretty good. (I have both, USAA for everything but the bike, GEICO for that)

You might also try a broker, they aren't affiliated with one carrier exclusively, and can help you find as good a deal as possible, and also counsel you on appropriate coverages to keep things in perspective.

3. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

what kind of engine is in your monte carlo. and how recent are your violations.

4. Crawn2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

JohnNotBeatle, I know what you mean. No Service background either.

As for nickster9924, it's the V6 3800 NON-Supercharged.

The last violation was in May 2005 and the one before was sometime in mid-2004.

~Crawn

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well moving volations stay on your record for 3 years and in some states up to 5 years.

You have at least one ticket against you. Mix that with you being under 25 that puts you in the very high risk area.

On top of that you are in California. That is going to add a lot to it as well.

Your car has little to do with it. They do not add as much as everyone acts like they do. Right now I am waiting to see what my rate drop is going to be in April (I turn 25). It should be a nice one. Some times you can do some tricks to get lower rates.
    Take defensive driving (10% rate cut). Or do what I am doing. I am currently on my parents auto insurances. I get to taking advantage of all there rate cuts. That alone is worth almost 70 a month. I am paying my parents $134 a month for full coverage with a $500 deductible. I am 24, live in dallas and lastly my car has a sports car classifications on it.