Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
London
I am about to bid on a french AZERTY keyboard and am wondering how easy it is to change the layout to QWERTY? i dont need to change the keys as i can touch type quite well, but i do need the qwerty layout :)

Pls Help!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I am about to bid on a french AZERTY keyboard and am wondering how easy it is to change the layout to QWERTY? i dont need to change the keys as i can touch type quite well, but i do need the qwerty layout :)

Pls Help!

What about bidding on a QWERTY layout keyboard instead. Surely there are loads of those about.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
It will work just fine. They are electrically the same, just the keys are in different places, and there is a chip in it I believe to default to AZERTY, but you can change it to any layout in the Keyboard Preference Pane. How do you think people use the DVORAK layout? Apple doesn't sell a special DVORAK keyboard, they just change the Keyboard Preferences.

TEG

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
London
What about bidding on a QWERTY layout keyboard instead. Surely there are loads of those about

because in the UK where im based, people dont like french keyboards (so they are going for £15 instead of £40)

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.