Help With Backing Up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chrisstu, Jun 22, 2011.

1. chrisstu macrumors newbie

Hi, if anyone can recommend the best way to do the following, I would appreciate it.

I have a Verizon iPhone, and I am concerned that if my phone dies, that I will lose all of my contacts.

I sync to an iMac, using iTunes 10. When I say sync, I mean that my Apps are backed up--with my music and ringtones. I do nothing with any address books or mail systems because I have never had the need to do this with any other phones.

My contacts were never on my iMac, since I never had them in an address book on my computer. I basically used backup assistant with my old phones--where I would simply download my contacts to my new phone.

So, my question is this.

How can I transfer my contacts to my iMac? I would like to simply make sure that if something happens, they are on my computer. Can someone post a recommendation on how to do this?

Thanks!

2. Badbaw macrumors member

Simple. Connect your device to iTunes, click on the device from the sidebar, navigate to the "Contacts" tab, select the sync option.

3. chrisstu thread starter macrumors newbie

So, the contacts will sync from my iPhone to my iMac?

I don't the reverse to happen where the four contacts that are in my address book on the iMac replace the 200 that are on my iPhone.

Forgive my apprehension, I just don't want to screw everything up and lose them.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As stated, sync to Address Book. They're also saved in your backup. For extra safety, back them up online to GMail.

5. Badbaw macrumors member

It's fine, no need to worry. It doesn't just sync from one side, it combines contacts.