Help with band choices

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eyoung71, Sep 15, 2017.

1. eyoung71 macrumors member

This probably is the worst time to be asking this with all of the order craziness going on but I need some help with which band to buy. I'm not going to go with anything crazy as far as price. This will be my first Apple Watch as well. I guess the first thing is getting input on the regular Sport Band compared to the Sport Loop.
    Any input there? Any other band recommendations?

THANKS!

2. airjay75 macrumors regular

I'm new to the Apple Watch having just placed my order for the AW3 so I'm probably not the best person to answer this question, but I picked the Sport Band over the Sport Loop simply because I plan to workout with my AW and I sweat a lot. While I really like the look of the Sport Loop, I am a little worried from the pictures that it will need to dry out after taking a beating with water or sweat, whereas the Sport Band seems like all you would really need to do is wipe it off and you'd be ready to go. I'm debating whether to buy a second band to wear with the watch for non-workout situations, but can't decide whether I'm going to want to swap out the band on a regular basis.

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Some of the new Sport loops are popular and getting pushed to 3 weeks when I ordered.
    The rubber sports are durable but the nylons are much much more comfortable.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The loop bands are amazing so far, whether the leather loop or the milanese. No fussing with buckles, and they give the Apple watch that special look - you can't get loops for ordinary watches, but you can use ordinary bands on an Apple watch. I was willing to wait on the Nike just for the sport loop.