Help with Belkin Wireless USB Adapter...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by veganjustice, Jun 18, 2007.

1. veganjustice macrumors newbie

Okay, I just purchased a cheap little belkin f5d7050 USB adapter to connect my G3 iBook to my wireless network, I do a few things on this computer, and would like to use it not hardwired to my router, since there isn't much room where I have the router...And the reason I purchased this card is because I saw there are drivers on the Belkin website for this little guy. Purchased it, and found out it is version 3xxx, and on the website the only drivers they have for Mac OS X is for version 2xxx. The guy(in very broken English) told me that ralink.com(found out it is ralinktech.com or something like that) has drivers for version 3xxx. I downloaded what I could find at that website, and installed, which went fine, seemed to of installed the same thing the driver did that I got from Belkin, and I install it and restart, and then I go into Applications to start it up, and I open it up, and then it says no device is connected, so I connect the adapter, and the little light doesn't light up on the USB adapter, not sure if it is broken, or that is because there are some steps I am missing.

Anyone have any ideas? Gone through the same thing?
    I just don't want to dish out for an airport card, since I rarely use this thing for that kind of money. I got this one for like 14 bucks, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Right before I installed it, it told me after install and restart I have to configure this interface in Network Pane of System Preferences before I can use the Wireless USB adapter. How do I go about doing this? This might be my problem.

So any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Emita81 macrumors newbie

Exactly the same problem! Did you ever solve it?

3. veganjustice thread starter macrumors newbie

You know what, I did solve it, but that being so long ago, I honestly don't remember how I came to the conclusion. I remember having to download and install a 3rd party wireless app to get everything working. I will try to dig it up and let you know.

4. Emita81 macrumors newbie

5. demodale92 macrumors newbie

I'm having this same issue....did you figure out what was done to solve the problem?

Thanks!