Help with Boot Camp and Windows XP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Booyakasha, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Booyakasha macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently installed Windows XP on my Mac using Boot Camp. Everything was all good until it came time to insert the mac os x install disk to install the drivers on XP. I put the disk in and it didn't auto load like it should... no problem, I went to the disk itself and looked for the setup.exe... no luck. When I open the install disk in XP it appears to be blank. When I open it up in leopard it has everything I would expect it to have. I tried searching the disk for the drivers but had no luck. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I'm kind of a novice when it comes to stuff like this, though I am not computer illiterate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For those that want to know... I am using the install disk that came with my mac "Mac OS X Install disk 1"

I have an august 2008 13in. macbook and as far as i know, everything is updated.

Thanks in advance.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. Booyakasha thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that. i've also tried reinstalling windows 3 times. twice with the FAT installation and once with the NTFS installation.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

This could be key. If the drive does not read other disks while in installation mode, it may still be a driver issue.

6. Booyakasha thread starter macrumors newbie

The drive does read other disks. I was able to install a game completely, but wasn't able to run because of the driver problem.

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Sounds like you got a bad disc. You should call Apple for a replacement.

8. Booyakasha thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it safe to assume a friends disk would work?

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Should. But, I'd still call Apple to get your disc replaced for the future. You don't want to be in this position a few months/years from now.

10. Booyakasha thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats true. Thanks a bunch for your help.