Help with boot

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chisholmcody, Mar 1, 2015.

1. chisholmcody macrumors newbie

Hi I am new to the forum and have a few questions. I recently bought a mac book pro (A1226) with 4gbs of ram and a intel T7500 2.2 ghz processor.

The other day I was messing around with bootcamp and trying to install windows 7. lets just say it didn't like the 64 bit version and ended up just doing the select a bootable device thing. So I ended up just canceling and erasing the partition from my HD and not doing it at all. But I am having 1 issue ever since I did this. Every time I restart my mac or turn it on it comes up with a screen that says please select a bootable device. I have know idea why it does this but I've been getting around it buy holding the alt option key when it chimes and just choose my hard drive. But is there any way to make it boot like it use too?

Thanks,

PS- Hope I put this in the right spot on this forum.

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

When you go into Settings on your Mac and look at the Startup Disk, is your OS X disk still selected?

3. chisholmcody thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

you might try this in the Terminal, assuming Macintosh HD is the name of your drive.
    If not replace with the right name. Keep the quotes.

sudo bless -mount /Volumes/"Macintosh HD" -setBoot

You will have to enter your admin password (will not display), then hit Enter.

This will tell the Mac that it must boot up from that disk.

Then restart and see if it works now.

5. chisholmcody thread starter macrumors newbie

New issue the Mac randomly shut off with no warning. And now is doing this in a loop. Once the bar is full the Mac shuts off again and does the same thing

Attached Files:

6. chisholmcody thread starter macrumors newbie