Help with Bootcamp/Windows 7 64bit DRIVERS

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Disgrace, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Disgrace, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

Disgrace macrumors member

I have installed Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro Unibody 15" C2D.

However, there's no support for the MacBook trackpad (scrolling/right click) and likewise for keyboard functions such as screen dimming and sound. There is no sound anyway, so the sound card, probably the video card to an extent and the internal Wifi is not recognised. So no internet either.

Can someone please help me here because I am finding problems (literally) every step of the way with Bootcamp and even the solutions I've found until now represent secondary issues. This thing has been a train wreck, but I'm so nearly there, the thing has actually installed.

I'm not a complete noob, I am a relative Mac noob but overall not. I understand this is clearly a driver issue.

1. What drivers do I need?
    2. Where the drivers that Bootcamp CANNOT load, and are NOT on the Mac discs (they're simply not there, I've looked countless times so please do not suggest this as a solution), NOT on the website and NOT part of either OS Update? Where are these mythical drivers?
    3. Where should these drivers be installed?
    4. What do I do after I install the drivers to make sure they've worked?

Thanks so much for your help. :eek:

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You don't say which specific MBP you have.

In general, there is a BootCamp64.msi file on one of the OS X install discs that you can use to force 64 bit drive installs. If your discs are new enough not to include them, you can probably extract the drivers you need from one of the DMG files mentioned at the links at the end of this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892725

B

3. Disgrace, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

Disgrace thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply as usual. :)

Okay, I've downloaded the two, seemingly massive, blocks of drivers I need as per that link. But the post makes no reference as to what to do with them.

Where/how are they installed?

Also: my mistake, not C2D. It's a 2010 2.53GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB, 15" MacBook Pro.

4. Disgrace thread starter macrumors member

Well I installed them and it has made absolutely zero difference. My instinct tells me there's something important missing between "get the drivers" and "install the drivers" that hasn't been elaborated on in that thread.

5. Disgrace thread starter macrumors member

Sorted. Turns out drivers are on the disc, only it's got to be installed in Windows. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help, nonetheless, good member. I will diagnose what went wrong, after I revel in this victory. :D