Help with broken Iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rebecca425, May 16, 2014.

1. Rebecca425 macrumors newbie

Hi.

I dropped my Iphone a couple of weeks a go on to a tiled floor.
    The screen did not crack but instead went black with a grey line down the middle.

I took it to a local shop who said he could fix it, it was not a phone shop however just a local PC shop.

He fitted a new screen and it was still exactly the same! I then took it to a Apple technician in another town. It was not an Apple shop but a guy who knew what he was doing and runs a phone shop, he said apparently there is two chips on the motherboard which are damaged and he can not fix it. He thinks it may have been caused by the guy fitting the screen.

Basically I dont really know what to do. Has anyone heard of this, can it be fixed?

I have some photos on the phone that I really need so I am hoping I can save them some how.

Thanks

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Blaming the last dude that worked on it, and badmouthing the last tech's workmanship is standard across all fields. Plumbing, electrical work, construction, electronics repair. It makes the second person feel better about himself ******** on the work of the previous person. I would suggest you ignore it.

Try a new screen and see what happens, and you'll know for sure.

3. bearwrestler macrumors regular

Did the guy who did work on it like void the warranty? You never said that the phone is acting up anymore--- why would you take it to a real phone store?

If the dude who did the fix broke the phone, then you are kind of stuck. Maybe see if he can continue to fix it until you have an upgrade available. Then sell this broken one on ebay as broken?