Help with car audio system

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by frjps, Mar 25, 2010.

1. frjps macrumors member

I have a 2000 Century Buick. I've tried to use a cassette adapter, but it doesn't work since it has auto reverse. FM transmitters don't seem to work well either since there are few free stations where I live (Cleveland). Are there any inexpensive solutions like adding an auxiliary jack to the stock stereo system? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I'm from the UK, so Buicks arefew and far between. But as far as cars go, often the factory fitted stereos have the option to add a CD changer. You can buy a CD changer > Aux input adapter for some models. It may be worth looking down that route.

3. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

How about getting a iPod/iPhone adaptor installed?

4. Badfoot macrumors 6502

I've used these with auto-reverse players, you just need to ensure that there is no undue resistance in the wheels in the adaptor or the player will think it's the end of a tape and continually switch forward/reverse. I had to remove a smal spring in one to get smooth operation, or try a new adaptor, they are cheap and surprisingly good at passing the audio through your car's radio/casette. Much better than the FM transmitters.