help with car mpg site functionality

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by twoodcc, Dec 31, 2009.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i have a site i use for keeping track of my vehicles and everything, and there seems to be a big flaw in my logic here. the site is very good at telling me what i want to know at that point in time. but it doesn't compare those stats from the past, to tell me if it's getting better or worse.

here is a link to the site if you want to check it out, user:guest pass:guest1

attached is a pic of the stats page where it gives an overview of all stats that i want to see.

now there are 2 things that i need to add (not necessarily on this page). a way to see how the current stats compare to say, 1 year mark, 6 month mark, etc or something similar.

and also, i think i need to add something to tell me when i need the next oil change and how long i've had the current tires, etc

any ideas? thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i finally got around to playing with this site. i'm really not a web designer, so i decided not to mess with graphs. but attached is what i came up with. let me know what you think (i know the layout and looks of the site is terrible, but my main concern is functionality)

Attached Files:

3. zlinuk macrumors member

Hiya mate, I like the idea of what your doing here, the ability to chart the whole life cost of running a vehicle could be attractive to a lot of people.

Is this being done as part of the development for an app?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Cool idea. I don't have a lot of time to mess around with it, but two errors I get after creating a new vehicle on the members page:

Code:
    Notice: Undefined index: username in C:\wamp\www\mpg\member.php on line 8

Notice: Undefined index: passwd in C:\wamp\www\mpg\member.php on line 9
    Also when I go to your home page in FF 3.5.6 / OS X 10.5.8:

Attached Files:

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

at one point in time, i was planning on making an iphone app for this. but i got a new job instead, and haven't had a lot of time to work on it. and i clearly need some help with it

yeah, i had this running on a Leopard box, and i didn't get these errors. i have it running on a Vista machine now, and those errors started popping up. i have no idea what's going with that.

but the site seems to work just fine if you ignore the errors.