Help with Cases lifting up SP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jps1012, Jul 26, 2010.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

I am stressing this. Right now I have a Zagg IS and the pixelskin hd case. It is causing the SP to pull up around the edges. At first it was just a little but now after a week its happening a lot more. This also happened when I had the belkin grip vue but not as bad.

I preordered the Power Support Crystal SP that will hopefully come this week. How do I put this on so the case doesn't pull it up in around the edges? Do all cases do this? Is it pretty much a choice of having a case with a pull up SP, just a SP or just a case? What are my options? It's just annoying to have a nice phone with a nice case and then SP bubbling in new spots every day. Thanks a lot!!

Anyone?

2. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I did pretty much the same things- First bought the Wrapsol set- which was not good. I did get them to refund the money though so I was not out anything. Next I got the Zagg IS. It was much better but my Bumper was causing the sides to lift all the time- this drove me nuts. It appears that your case is rubber/silicone on the screen surface like the bumper. The combo of the Wrapsol/Zagg IS type skins - where they are slightly rubbery themselves, causes the problem - they stick together just enough to pull the skin from the screen with the slight movement of the case/bumper.

I ordered the Steinheil Ultra Series Oleophobic screen protector. It's very similar to the PowerSupport product (had a PS on my 3GS) in terms of it's feel and constitution. These are more 'films' than they are 'skins'. As such they seem somewhat more rigid when laying flat on the screen surface.

I've had the Steinheil on for about a week now- and there is no peeling or pulling up of the sides at all. I've very happy with the results (finally).

Good Luck

3. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Thanks man!! So you have your Steinheil on with the bumper?

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yup. Was really getting frustrated with the bumper because of the lifting but i like the form factor and simplicity of it. I've also got the wrapsol orig matte skin on the back. It looks great but there is a bit of lifting on one side - but not too bad.

6. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I have a belkin clear vue with a sgp ultra crystal. I have no issues with mine. As long as the sp is well aligned u shouldn't have any problems (with the vue)

7. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

What cases with a front lip dont pull of screen protectors?