Help with choice of next Apple computer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Elven, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Hi all.

It's been a long while since I was here, but here I am again, I gave in last time and went with another Windows PC, and now I am back because I just am tired of issues, and it's upgrade time of the year.

In my next Mac I require it to be able to link to my surround sound setup, and be able to play on maximum settings EVE Online, and Star Trek Online.

I also do some video editing but it's mostly amateur stuff at the minute but may expand in the future to small time professional.

Having been out of the Mac scene for a while, I'd value any advice you could offer.:apple:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

First of all, what Mac are you looking at? MBP or iMac? If you want to game, prepare to spend 1500$ or more.

3. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Given the games you've listed that you want to play, consider a Windows machine.

4. mrbash macrumors 6502

I second that suggestion. If what you listed are your priorities, get a Windows PC.

You can get a 27" iMac with a ATI4850 for about $2000, but that's not a particularly good video card. Your only other option would be to get a Mac Pro with a 4870 which would start at $2700.