Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsOnAnabolics

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hey people,

I definitely realize this topic, or a version of, is commonly addressed here on MacRumors. Therefore, in advance, I apologize for the redundancy of this post. In addition, I appreciate any opinions regarding my discussion:

What (in your opinion - taking into account benchmarks and stats) would you decide as being the "Best" 7200rpm HDD for the MacBook Pro?

Background: I currently own a 15" MacBookPro5,3 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD @5400rpm. I would like to increase the performance of my machine (i.e. boot-up time, write/read time, etc.). With this said, I have chosen to stay within the realm of HDDs apposed to SSDs because of the price gap.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hey people,

I definitely realize this topic, or a version of, is commonly addressed here on MacRumors. Therefore, in advance, I apologize for the redundancy of this post. In addition, I appreciate any opinions regarding my discussion:

Snip
1) A version of it? This is the exact question asked.
2) Search
3) Seagate Momentus
4) Welcome to MacRumors

ncdasa

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
i am also thinking to get this drive, but i saw on newegg that many people had problems with it. Although it was mentioned there that they were all mostly PC users :)p) and that the problems had been fixed by a firmware upgrade for :apple:

anyone know anything about this and can remove my doubts once and for all :confused:

(personal experience is best/preferred)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.