Help with compressor 4 -avi files importing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by antonb111, Aug 21, 2012.

1. antonb111 macrumors newbie

Hi im just getting started to using compressor 4 but when input my .avi files to make a dvd it doesnt show the movie in the preview screen and it doesnt do anything, like it shows the movie in the unintitles project thing . can anyone help me out with compressor 4 and avi movies to convert to make a dvd that will play in a dvd player?

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe the .avi file cannot be read by Compressor, thus maybe try Perian and see, if installing that helps Compressor reading the .avi file.
    If that does not work, and in order to find out, what may be wrong with your .avi video, you can use the following three applications to analyse a sample video file.
    When done, you can use the "Report" (VideoSpec) and "Export" (Media Inspector) button to export a report,
    attachable to your next post via the [​IMG] button.
    In MediaInfo you have to go to the Menu Bar, select View > Text and copy the text via CMD+A > CMD+C and paste it via CMD+V into your next post.

3. antonb111 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright dude i did it with videospec and attatched the report . i want to burn the hungergames to a dvd.

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

Perian did not work then?
    Maybe this can help:

5. antonb111 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. simsaladimbamba

Perian did not work then?
    Because it should, as it enables QT (Compressor is connected to QT) to read Divx/Xvid encoded video using the .avi container.