Help with Contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyambo, Apr 13, 2011.

1. eyambo macrumors newbie

I just recently had to switch from my iphone 4 to an android because i broke it. All of my contact were synced to itunes and i though address book as well, but I went to itunes and address book and none of my contacts are there. I have backed up my iphone numerous times, is there a way to access them from those files or could they be synced somewhere else? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If you still have your iPhone then sync it again through iTunes and go to the tab at the top that has all your information. Make sure that box is checked that says sync contacts. If it is, which it sounds like it isn't, then check it and iTunes should import your iPhone contacts to Address Book.

3. eyambo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the phone, but it is broken enough that it will not turn on. Is there a way to access the backup files from itunes or from my macbook?

4. funwithamar macrumors regular

u can get the address book plist out of the itunes back up using itunes backup extractor .. but im not sure if u can use the plist on ur computer, u'll need an iphone

may be able to open it in the sqllite firefox extention (try it)

5. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have never done the extractor thing but I'm just curious, what happened to your iPhone so that it won't turn on?